Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bridge Blog 484: The unthinkable

          After Friday, all the games at the Airport Bridge Club are canceled until after the Buffalo Winter Sectional Tournament ends on Jan. 9, which means that if I’m going to follow my passion for the game, I’ll need to do it at the other clubs.
What it means is fewer games (the only regular Saturday game is in Lockport and it starts too late in the day for me) and fewer points, because nobody else in town buys into extra points like Airport club manager Bill Finkelstein.
So it looks like next week I’ll be playing Monday and Tuesday at Dian Petrov’s Bridge Club Meridian, back in the Zion Church social hall. Wednesday would take me to the Bridge Center of Buffalo and so would Friday. On Thursday, no game. The Bridge Center’s daytime session is for non-life masters only.

No comments:

Post a Comment