Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bridge Blog 478: STaC 'em up

If I had my way, I think I’d play every day with Selina Volpatti and not just because she’s such an attractive and spirited partner. We’re a pretty good pair. That was borne out again Tuesday in the morning and afternoon STaC (Sectional Tournament at the Clubs) sessions at the Airport Bridge Club.
          The morning, when we spent 19 of the 24 hands on offense, was respectable – 52.64%, third in the A strat, second in B, .83 of a silver point. Best moments – bidding a 6 Heart slam and watching Selina make it and scoring 800 for successfully doubling a 4 Heart contract.
But the afternoon was better, thanks to a stellar final round in which we made 4 Hearts doubled vulnerable (Not a top, though. Just 4.5 out of 6 game points. Others also did it.) and the successful double of a the opponents’ 4 Heart contract on the last hand of the day. Down four. Earlier, I’d beaten a Mike Kisiel double of a 3 Diamond bid for another top. Our final tally – 59.03%, first in A, first in B, 1.5 silver points.
Believe it or not, the folks at District 5 now have toted up all the STaC games for Monday and Tuesday. Selina and I got bumped up to 2.22 silver points – third in B district-wide – for our efforts. As it turns out, that was not much less than what Marilyn Sultz and I got for our 65.67% game Monday afternoon. District-wide, that was seventh in A, sixth in B, good for 2.42 silver points. If my math is right, that’s 5.47 silver in two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment