Friday, January 10, 2014

Bridge Blog 733: Foreign dividends


Haven’t looked for the Airport Bridge Club’s year-end master point totals (I suspect that club manager Bill Finkelstein, late reporting to the ACBL this month, probably hasn’t posted them yet), but I checked out the list at the Bridge Centre of Niagara in St. Catharines, Ont., after the game finished Friday.
Theirs are hung out on clipboards, so I had to turn back a few pages to find my name in 260th place. I earned 6.28 Canadian master points which, unlike the dollar, are taken at par by the ACBL. On another sheet, I discovered that I played there 19 times and had an average of just over 51%.
Leading the list for 2013 in St. Catharines were Jeremy Smee with 215.29, George Morrissey with 156.40 and Brian McCartney with 150.01. They were the only ones in triple digits.  

No comments:

Post a Comment