Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bridge Blog 573: Stop the clock

    Sure, I could’ve gone out to the Sunday game at the Airport Bridge Club. My better half was lunching with an old girlfriend and was gone for the day before noon. But it was also a great day for taking the lawnmower out for a walk. Faded flowers needed replacing. Shrubs and spent flower heads needed trimming. Now the yard’s refreshed and won’t need any attention for a while, which is a good thing because next weekend is going to be entirely consumed by the Buffalo Fall Sectional Tournament.
    In the meantime, I’ve fallen behind the calendar. It’s the 16th of the month and my September point total stands at 15.85, since I was able to add just 0.31 of a point to the tally with my 53.13% (tied for sixth overall) at the Individual Game at the Airport Club on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment