Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bridge Blog 377: Also ran

            Guess I’d better start getting used to it. I’ve just had a week of midlevel finishes, the kind that would have yielded masterpoints for me in my days as a C strat player, but not any more. 49% on Monday with Marie Suprinick, 41% on Tuesday with Helen Panza, 49.47% with Franklin Kidd on Thursday (Wednesday was snowed out by the monster storm).
            I should get used to being an also-ran on the national level and maybe the district and unit level, too. A look at the ACBL website shows that my pending points for January total only 11.94, a far cry from the past couple years and unlikely to be competitive, especially in the 1,000-2,500 point bracket where I now reside. Back in the days of triple points, I’d be in the 20s, at least. I’m told we can thank our own Jay Levy for getting them abolished.

No comments:

Post a Comment