Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Bridge Blog 1085: STaC 'Em High


Mike Silverman and Art Matthies got the big STaC game I always dream about on Tuesday morning at the Airport Bridge Club. 71.93%. 12.38 silver points. Dotty May and I trailed badly with 48.72%, though we could have topped 50% if I hadn’t persisted in a sacrifice bid in the final round. Nevertheless, we were second in B east-west. 0.80 of a silver point.
Though club manager Bill Finkelstein called the afternoon session to a halt at 4:30, I needed to dash out to arrive at work before 5, so I have no idea whether our 50-plus percent score after 14 boards held up at the end.
Meanwhile, to my great relief, my cold has almost dissipated (until that sneeze just now). A day without  decongestants. To speed myself out the door in the morning, I set up my snacks for the game and the office the night before. Phone alarm? 10 minutes earlier. Had I not heard the houseplants gasping for water, I would have made it to the game on time. Wednesday will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment