Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bridge Blog 508: On point(s)

          I’ve noted previously that the pool of available master points shrank dramatically when the Airport Bridge Club was closed in January and the proof can be seen in the ACBL’s latest Ace of Clubs tally on the District 5 level (Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh). In my division, the 1,000 to 2,500 point group, there are precious few of us Buffalonians, far fewer than there were in the past couple years.
          Meanwhile, my point production showed an improvement from January (7.11 in club play, 8.04 overall) to February (9.87 in just club play), even though I was out of action nearly half the days in February.
Wait a minute, I should have half a point more for February. According to my ACBL tally, the Bridge Center of Buffalo didn’t report the fraction of a point that I won on Feb. 1 when Marilyn Sultz and I came in first in C. Director-r-r-r!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment