Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bridge Blog 388: February's fine finale

          The shortest month goes out with a flourish. Ginny Panaro and I tie for second in B on Sunday the 27th with a 53.7% game, bringing home 1.18 points. Then on Monday, in the ACBL Senior Pairs, I turn out to be double-booked. All along I expected to play with Marie Suprinick, who has just come off the ailing list, but then Judy Kaprove shows up and says that I’m supposed to be playing with her. Marie yields – there’s someone unattached that she’s just as happy to play with – and Judy and I have a fine time, finishing with a 55.83% game, first in our direction, third in A, second in B overall. Our reward was another 1.31 points. My final total for February at the club is 15.92 points, to which we can add another 1.81 from the St. Catharines Sectional.

No comments:

Post a Comment