Monday, January 21, 2019

Bridge Blog 1071-A: I Have a Dream


The funk and the constant weekend snow clear away on a bright, frigid Martin Luther King Day at the Airport Bridge Club, where it’s holiday mode – two games with a free snack in between.
Morning is solid with partner Usha Khurana as declarer on eight of the 24 hands, notching three of our top boards, while I play three. 55.69%. Second overall in a five-table Howell. 1.64 points.
Usha can’t stay for the afternoon session, but I have no problem pairing with Nadine Stein, who’s not only funny, but good. This time it’s a four-table Howell and we bid aggressively. Nadine is declarer on 11 of the 27 hands, while I play nine. The result is my best effort in many a moon – 66.07%. First overall, to be sure. And another 2.04 points. Unofficial tally for the month so far: 8.65.

No comments:

Post a Comment