Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Bridge Blog 1067: Zeroing In


Just how far away is that Holy Grail – Gold Life Master?
Over the weekend, Airport Bridge Club manager Bill Finkelstein said he thought I was still about four points short of the required 2,500 when the year ended.
But that was before partner Denise Slattery and I came in first overall in the Saturday game and picked up 2.04 master points. And now, on Tuesday, Elvis Presley’s birthday, Dotty May and I manage to post 50.64% in a 6½ table game, fifth overall in the B stratification, for another 0.59 of a point.
So where do I stand? Well, by now the ACBL has done up the latest monthly tally of master points. A visit to MyACBL can set things straight. Here it is, my end-of-2018 career total – 2,497.28! Add 2.63 to that and I’m so-o-o-o close. All it will take is one game, one more slightly-better-than-average game.  

No comments:

Post a Comment