Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Bridge Blog 1024: The Race Is On


         First, there's the race against the calendar. Can I get to Gold Life Master (2,500 points) before New Year's Eve? According to MyACBL, my career total now stands at 2,372.52, which includes points from the Buffalo Spring Sectional. If I can do a little better than my 15-point-per-month goal, I might even get there by Thanksgiving.
         The second is a race against Allen Beroza and Mike Silverman – the two players who are nipping at my heels in the Ace of Clubs race (club points only) among Unit 116 Ruby Life Masters. They're tied for second place. At the end of March they were only about a third of a point behind me.
         So far this month, I'm still in the lead, at least temporarily. At the Airport Bridge Club, my point count is 8.21. Allen has 7.49, too close for comfort. And although Mike is on vacation at the moment, his vacations in previous years haven't kept him from becoming the local Ruby Life Master Ace of Clubs champ.

No comments:

Post a Comment