Saturday, January 27, 2018

Bridge Blog 1014: Internationally Irresolute

Now my New Year’s resolution is twice broken, once on each side of the U.S.-Canada border. On my first visit this year to the Bridge Centre of Niagara in St. Catharines, Ont., on Friday, Selina Volpatti and I limped to a 38.37% finish, for me a new low for 2018. Hope we can pick up our socks in time for the St. Catharines Sectional Tournament in two weeks.

Set aside the backsliding, however, and it’s been a profitable week point-wise – 1.80 with Dotty May on Tuesday morning, 2.19 with Gay Simpson on Wednesday, 0.86 with Marietta Kalman for our 51.67% (fourth in the B strat) on Thursday and 0.65 with Denise Slattery for our 53% (first in C) on Saturday. Total for the week of 5.50 puts me over 20 for the month – 20.53, if my calculations are correct. Irresolute, but respectable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment