Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Bridge Blog 1006: Promise Keepers

So far, so good with that promise to not have any games below 40%. In fact, thinks have perked up considerably. Perhaps I should thank my partners. Not only is the resolution intact, but the points are starting to come around – 3.61 in the past four games.
Saturday, Jan. 6, with Denise Slattery. 52%, tied for first in a three-table game with attendance shrunken by the zero-degree cold. First master points of the year – 1.67.
Monday, Jan. 8, with Judie Bailey. 49%, perhaps we should thank the miracle of stratification for coming in second in the B strat. 0.46 of a point.
Tuesday, Jan. 9, with Ed Morgan, first time together. Club manager Bill Finkelstein announced on Monday that I didn't have a partner for Tuesday and got no takers. Ed and I did just fine, however. 53.70%, best game of the year so far. Tied for second in our direction,  0.84 of a point.

Wednesday, Jan. 10, with June Feuerstein on a typically freewheeling day after I got up two hours early to take my sweetie to the airport. 51.67%, second in B North-South, 0.64 of a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment