Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bridge Blog 526: Historic

Was the Buffalo Spring Sectional Tournament last weekend my most productive sectional point-wise? It certainly beat the winter sectional, when I took home less than a full point. But what about the others? Time to go to the ACBL website and see what I can find out.
Well, the December STaC was better – 13.91 points – but what about real tournaments? Most of them give me 2 or 3 points at the most. Best I found was the 2009 Spring Sectional, when I scratched in both pairs games on Friday (both with Judie Bailey as partner), one on Saturday and was on a Sunday Swiss team that won three rounds, for a total of 4.99.
So my 7.52 points last weekend was a personal high point, but in the grand scheme of things, I’m only 14th overall among 143 players who got points, and just 10th among the top local players – all the others having 10 points or better.
Chris Urbanek, who was on the winning Swiss team Sunday (7.75 points for that), leads the list with 20.34, followed by teammates John Toy, 19.26; and Saleh Fetouh, 18.06. Then come Jim Gullo, 16.36; Jay Levy, 16.12; Fred Yellen, 11.10; Bob Padgug, 10.71; Dan Gerstman, 10.63; and Judy Padgug, 10.37.

No comments:

Post a Comment