Saturday, December 14, 2019

Bridge Blog 1112-A: UnSTaCked


Underpopulated parking lot Saturday. Underpopulated inside the Airport Bridge Club when I arrive a few minutes before 10 a.m.
Gay Simpson’s partner doesn’t show. Director Bill Finkelstein says another pair that is supposed to come isn’t coming. Even with him playing and a couple substitutes coming in, he says there won’t be enough players to meet the minimum three tables. He cancels the afternoon game, too.
Linda Burroughsford and Davis Heussler will go to the game at the Bridge Center of Buffalo, which starts at noon. As for my partner, Art Matthies, he doesn’t suggest that we follow suit. Neither do I. Actually, after 10 STaC games so far this week, I need a rest. I’m working tonight and then there’s more STaC Sunday – Swiss teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment