Sunday, September 9, 2018

Bridge Blog 1045: St. Catharines Regional, Part III


The less said about Saturday, the better.
I could shrug off our 42.46% morning performance in the B/C/D pairs. As we play, it feels like we're doing better, but us B/C/D folks are thrown together with the experts from the A/X game. So we’re 13th out of 17 pairs. We do fractionally better than Shakeel Ahmad and Manju Ceylony, who are far better than me and Denise Slattery.
But experience does not make us better against the same players in the afternoon. 37.58% would be last overall, except for a pair that's even more unfortunate than we are. As for Shakeel and Manju, they rally to 52.39% in the p.m. and collect half a red point.
Best part is lunch. We go back to The Diner House 29. (See Blog 1044)
Note on a pre-game mishap: In the lobby of the Scotiabank branch attached to the hotel/conference center, I pause to count the $500 I get from the ATM machine because the wad of bills seems too thin. I also leave my M&T Bank debit card in the card slot while I do that. Bad move. The machine eats it. The branch is otherwise closed on Saturday. M&T says my new card should show up in the mail by the end of the week.


Lucie’s Fav Son-in-Law 
Spicy Thai Rice bowl with 2 Fried-Poached Eggs, Tamarind Sauce, Crispy Onions, Cashews, Peppers, Scallions & Cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment