Friday, May 22, 2020

Bridge Blog 1125: Is virtual really real?


       Even after two months of playing in the online bridge games, I’m having a hard time overcoming a deep suspicion that the points they say that I’m winning aren’t real points. Especially the ones from OK Bridge, although my constant partner Selina Volpatti and I play only the ACBL matches there.
       But if these successes are solid, then Selina and I have had a super week. On OKB, against scads of competitors in the ACBL game at noon Eastern Time, we came in second in B on Monday for 1.13 points, then were first in B on Thursday and Friday for 1.50 each time. Or did we?
If we did, then this week could add up to almost 7, once all the fractional points from half a dozen other games are tallied. And here comes Silver Linings Week, beginning Monday, when all the virtual club games on Bridge Base Online award triple silver points. I'm virtually pumped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment