Friday, June 22, 2018

Bridge Blog 1030: UnSTaCked


     This had to be my most pathetic STaC Week ever. Played nine times, scratched just once for 1.07 silver points, which left me tied for 619th place. The week after STaC Week has been another story.
     With an ailing June Feuerstein on a Wednesday, June 20, when we spent most of the session on defense (declarers on just eight of 24 boards), we nevertheless pulled off a 57.08% game, which looked like first East-West under Ed Morgan and John Bava found an error in their favor. I was happy for the 1.17 points.
     Thursday with Marietta Kalman seemed more dismal that it turned out to be. 54.02% Second North-South, first in the B strat. 1.44 points.
     That’s more than double what I got in the STaC. Did it get me to 2,400 career master points?
     Actually, I didn’t need the STaC to get there. I hit the magic odometer number on the Saturday before STaC Week  started.   

   


No comments:

Post a Comment